If you’ve been working on your body goals, trying to get to your ideal physique, then you’re probably aware of fat burners by now. Sure, they help with the fat issue, but remember, they are supplements after all. And that doesn’t mean you should think of them as the magical pills and potions, expecting them to do miracles if you still continue with your bad habits.
Burning fat successfully depends on various factors, from making the right choice supplement-wise, to changing your lifestyle, specifically your diet and sleep if you want to reach the goals in a healthy manner. So, if you plan on using fat burners, here are some tips on how to make the most of them.
Choose Your Fat Burner Wisely
Since there are different body fat cutter supplements to choose from at specialised stores, you need to find the right one for your needs. Instead of choosing whichever you see first, pick one based on the goals you’re after.
For example, if you’re in need of help with suppressing hunger, then buy one meant for appetite control, like those based on hoodia and green tea known for the powerful antioxidants such as EGCG. Leave the synephrine and caffeine-based supplements for the times when you need some energy boost.
Other fat burning supplements that are among people’s favourites are the thermogenic oxyshred which assists with the reduction of bloating, increases the metabolism and helps with training consistency, and CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) great for the particularly stubborn fat and lean muscle toning. A natural fat burner, ALCAR (Acetyl L-Carnitine) is known for transporting fat into cells for use as the main energy source.
Bits of Advice
- Supplements packed with chemicals don’t provide the wanted results. And worse, in the long run they can lead to health issues. If you want to reap all the benefits a supplement can provide, my suggestion is to look for those from trusted stores and retailers to be sure what you’re getting are products of quality. Such products are generally free of preservatives, artificial flavours and colours, are low on sugar and GI, and are instead sweetened with natural alternatives like xylitol that’s good for oral health among other things.
- Since every person’s body works differently, some people burn fat different from you, so don’t be discouraged if a supplement that worked for a friend doesn’t offer you the same results. The best way to find the right one is by trying out to see which one works for you.
- Same as with exercise, it’s best to create a body fat cutter supplements plan, starting with focusing on the dosage. You might want to go big and take more of the supplements straight on, however, in the beginning, it’s advisable to use the lower dosage suggested on the guidelines or label. This way you can see if there are any side-effects you’d be experiencing and determine the effects on your goals. If there are no side-effects, you might go for a higher dosage. Mind you though, in case there’s just one serving size by the manufacturer, you shouldn’t go higher.
- Having in mind not all supplements are created equal, you’d be better off cycling the usage because not all of them are easy on the body system as CLA, for instance. With certain fat burners the body gets used to them after some weeks and stops providing the initial results, i.e. they stop being effective. The key is to use them for about four weeks, do a little break, could be a couple of weeks, and then get back to them.
- As the metabolism slows down during sleep, you should implement fat loss supplements first thing in the morning. The best timing is about half an hour before breakfast specifically to get the body going, even if you don’t work out at this time of day. Supplements with green tea extract are great for a kick start. Also, when preparing for a workout, it’s best to get your body ready by taking a burner with ALCAR and CLA.
Adjust Your Nutrition
As I mentioned previously, as helpful as they are, they’re just supplements so you can’t expect a magical change if you continue with your poor diet choices. To be able to maximise the fat burning, you should eat a healthy balanced diet, and ensure you’re getting enough protein as its beneficial for the body. I’m pointing this out because when you’re burning fat rapidly you wouldn’t want to lose lean muscle mass too, which is where protein helps.
Adjust Your Metabolism
Did you know you can interfere with your metabolism by not getting enough sleep and water? While nutrition has to do with weight, so do sleep and hydration, and you’d be surprised how detrimental a sleepless night can be. The same goes for being dehydrated, considering fat burners make you sweat more so you’d lose even more liquids.
If you notice you’re putting on weight, and it’s not exercise or diet, or an underactive thyroid affecting your metabolism, blame it on poor night’s sleep.
To be able to burn enough fat and stay fit, make sure you work on your sleep hygiene to get the needed rest every night and drink enough water to prevent dehydration and fatigue. In case you don’t remember to drink water as often as needed, consider getting the help of a water app to remind you.